There will be three classes of competition:
Ladies Voice (Competition A)
Male Voice (Competition B)
Mixed Voice (Competition C)
Each choir will be required to sing four contrasting pieces of their own choice, one of which must be unaccompanied. The winner of each category will go through to the Choir of the Festival Final where they will be required to sing a 25 minute repertoire of their choice but allowing only one piece already sung in their class entry. The full rules of the competition are available at www.festivalofchoirs.im
A Ladies Voice 1st Prize: £500 2nd Prize: £200
B Male Voice 1st Prize: £500 2nd Prize: £200
C Mixed Voice 1st Prize: £500 2nd Prize: £200
The Ensemble competition € is a stand-alone competition that will take place on the Sunday afternoon prior to the Choir of the Festival final. Each Ensemble will be required to sing contrasting pieces of no more than 12 minutes maximum. Please note: this is an additional competition to the festival and the winning ensemble will not compete for the Choir of the Festival trophy.
Ensemble Competition Prizes:-
1st Prize - £250
2nd Prize - £100
FESTIVAL PROGRAMME (timetable subject to alteration)
Friday 20th October 2017
- 20:00 - Welcome Evening. This will take place at the Villa Marina and is an informal ‘get to know you’ evening with supper. Be prepared to sing your party piece by way of introducing your choir to the festival! Tickets are priced at £10 per person.
Saturday 21st October 2017
- 09:00 to 12:00 - Rehearsal Opportunity.
- 12:00 to 18:00 - Competition Day.
- Evening free.
Sunday 22nd October 2017
- Morning Free / Finalists Rehearsal.
- 13:00 - Ensemble Competition followed by Choir of the Festival final.
- 20:00 - Manx Entertainment Night - music and dance of the Isle of Man.